A little place to share pictures of the swaps I do for swap-bot including mail art, ideas and more. :)


Monday 31 March 2014

A little envelope book of love


This was what I made for a good swap friend of mine through my swap group "sealed with love". The swap required swappers to send their partner lots of love themed paper goodies; postcards, inspirational quotes, mail art, etc. It was mostly senders choice.
I decided to make my partner a little book made from envelopes. I made the "cover" front and back for the book from a magazine page all about love with a tag and label. Then inside, I made about 4 little envelopes, getting smaller in size until the middle was the smallest envelope. I used paper stock, craft paper and ephemera to make the envelopes and I wanted to keep it mostly pink and bright colours to stick to the love theme.
I binded the book just using some old string. I decorated the outsides of the envelopes with stickers, embellishments and washi tape.
The best surprise is, in each little envelope, I included small surprises for my partner such as inspiring love quotes, a love bird theme hanging decoration for the home, love postcards, love stickers, a "love letter" and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment